1 tablespoon butter
½ tablespoon dried thyme
½ cup granny smith apples, chopped
Ground black pepper
¼ cup Gorgonzola cheese, crumbled, room temperature
2 thick cut pork chops, bone-in
½ teaspoon olive oil
2 cloves garlic
¼ cup Gorgonzola cheese
3 tablespoons dry sherry
1/8 cup heavy cream
½ cup chicken brother
Salt and pepper to taste
- For the apple stuffing, sauté butter, thyme, chopped apples, salt and pepper over medium heat, for 15 to 20 minutes, until apples have softened completely.
- Pour mixture into bowl and add in gorgonzola cheese. The cheese should melt into the stuffing.
- Butterfly pork chops by cutting them parallel to plan of the chop from fat side to the bone. Stuff both chops with 2 to 3 tablespoons of apple and cheese mixture.
- Place pork chops in pan with baking rack with stuffing sides pressed together to hold stuffing in place. Cook about 1 hour.
- For the sauce: heat the olive oil in pan over medium heat. Add in garlic and sauté until transparent. Stir in cheese. Once slightly melted add in sherry. Let mixture cook for 1 minute and stir in cream and ¼ cup of chicken stock. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Let sauce reduce over medium high heat until it begins to caramelize and turn a darker brown. Stir occasionally.
- Add in the rest of the chicken stock; continue to reduce sauce until there is only ¼ to ½ cup of thickened sauce remaining.