12 pound turkey
6 tablespoons butter, divided
4 cups warm water
3 tablespoons chicken bouillon
2 tablespoons dried parsley
2 tablespoons dried minced onion
2 tablespoons seasoning salt
- Rinse and clean turkey, discarding giblets. Set oven to 350°.
- Place turkey in roasting pan. Separate skin over breast to make 2 pockets.
- Put 3 tablespoons in each pocket, on either side of the turkey.
- Combine water and bouillon. Add in the parsley and onion. Pour over turkey and top with seasoning salt.
- Cover the turkey with foil and bake for 3 and ½ to 4 hours, until temperature of turkey reaches 180°. During the last 45 minutes of cooking, remove the foil to brown the skin.