1 lb eggplant (cut into 1”cubes)
1 red onion (large and cut into 1” cubes)
2 yellow peppers (chopped)
2 tbsp olive oil
½ tsp salt
1 tsp olive oil
1 cup of onions (finely chopped)
2 tsp garlic (minced)
¼ tsp crushed red pepper
¼ tsp fennel seed (crushed)
28 oz can tomatoes
¼ tsp salt
½ tsp fresh ground pepper
¼ tsp sugar
2 tbsp fresh parsley (chopped)
16 oz ziti pasta
10 oz spinach (chopped)
1 cup Mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- Preheat oven to 450°. Put eggplant, red onion, peppers, oil and salt all in pan and roast for 30 minutes.
- To make the sauce: Heat oil in saucepan. Add onions and cooked covered over medium-low heat. Then stir in garlic, red pepper, and fennel.
- Cook for 30 seconds and add the tomatoes, salt, pepper, sugar and thyme.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Stir in the parsley. This will make 3 cups.
- Reduce oven to 400 degrees
- Toss in the ziti with vegetables, sauce and spinach. Pour into baking pan and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes.