3 cups onion (chopped)
10 cups fresh spinach
¾ cup sharp provolone cheese (shredded)
½ cup fresh flat leaf parsley (chopped)
1 tsp salt
½ tsp pepper
2 large eggs
1 carton part-skim ricotta cheese (15 oz)
1 carton fat free ricotta cheese (15 oz)
3 cups butternut squash (diced and peeled)
6 cups smoky marinara sauce (regular is fine too)
12 lasagna noodles
1 cup Parmesan cheese (grated)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Sauté onions until tender and add spinach, and sauté until spinach wilts.
- Mix together the provolone, parsley, salt, pepper, eggs, and ricotta cheese.
- Heat squash in the microwave for 5 minutes.
- Put ½ of marinara sauce in bottom of pan and add the noodles on top.
- Pour the cheese mix over the noodles, followed by some squash and then more sauce on top.
- Repeat step 6 until pan is full.
- Bake for 30 minutes covered. Uncover and bake for another 30 minutes
- Completely cool before serving.