1lb mild Italian sausage, cut into ½ inch pieces
1 onion, chopped
1 green pepper, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 (26 ounce) jar pasta sauce with mushrooms
1 (12 ounce) package ziti or penne pasta
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- In large skillet, over medium heat, cook sausage, onions, green pepper, and garlic until sausage is browned. Drain.
- Stir in sauce and cook until hot.
- Add pasta to pan and mix well. Stir in 1 cup of mozzarella cheese. Mix well.
- Pour mixture into lightly greased 9 x 13 baking pan. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella and parmesan cheese. Cover pan with foil.
- Bake covered for 15 minutes at 350°. Uncover and bake another 15 minutes.