2 pounds ground beef
3 tablespoons chili powder
2 tablespoons paprika
1 tablespoon cumin
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
4 cups water
½ cup all-purpose flour, divided
1 ½ teaspoons sugar
2 tablespoons cooking oil
12 (6 in.) corn tortillas
4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook ground beef over medium-heat. Drain and add in spices. Add in tomato sauce and 2 cups of water. Let simmer over low heat.
- In separate bowl, combine remaining sugar, water, and flour, until flour is dissolved. Stir into meat sauce. Simmer and let thicken, for about 10 minutes.
- In separate pan, warm tortillas in some olive oil over medium-high heat. Fill each tortilla with some cheese, roll and place seam down in9 x 13 baking pan.
- Top tortillas with meat mixture and remaining cheese.
- Bake for 25 minutes at 350°, until cheese is melted.