1 clove garlic (chopped or garlic powder)
4 onions (sliced)
2 carrots (sliced)
2 celery stalks (cut into pieces)
Caraway seed (optional)
1 bay leaf
1 cup water
1 cup dry wine
3 whole cloves
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Rub garlic, salt, and pepper on all sides of ham.
- Put onions, carrots, celery, bay leaf, and cloves on the bottom of pan.
- Add some water to pan and lay ham skin side down on top of vegetables.
- Roast ham uncovered for 1 hour and baste it with the juices and wine.
- Turn ham over and finish roasting.