2 tbsp Dijon mustard
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp salt
¼ tsp pepper
1 tbsp plus 2 tsp tomato paste
3 garlic cloves (peeled)
1 yellow onion (quartered)
1carrot (peeled and cut into large pieces)
3 steamed chicken breast halves
2 scallions (sliced thinly)
½ of a Golden Delicious apple (peeled and grated)
1 cup bread crumbs
1/3 cup shelled pistachios
3 tbsp maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Whisk together eggs, mustard, oil, salt, pepper, and 1 tbsp of the tomato paste.
- Chop together garlic, onion, and carrot.
- Chop 2 chicken breast halves, and cut the other into ½ inch pieces. Add to it the scallions, apple, and bread crumbs.
- Put ½ of the meatloaf mix in pan and put a layer of pistachios on top. Pour in the rest of the meatloaf.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Whisk together the maple syrup and tomato paste. Brush over the meatloaf and bake for 10 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes.