1 ¾ cups graham cracker crumbs
¼ cup dark brown sugar
1 stick unsalted butter (melted)
2 sweet potatoes
2 large eggs
½ cup plus 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
½ cup heavy cream
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon cinnamon
½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
½ teaspoon vanilla
- Set oven to 350°.
- Wrap sweet potatoes in aluminum foil and cook in oven, about an hour and 15 minutes, until very soft.
- Combine graham cracker crumbs and brown sugar in bowl. Add in butter and mix until well combined.
- Press mixture firmly onto sides and bottom of 9 inch pie pan. Bake in oven for 10 minutes.
- For filling: Peel sweet potatoes. Mash them together along with remaining ingredients and whisk until smooth.
- Pour filling into crust. Sprinkle remaining brown sugar over top.
- Bake in middle of oven for 40 minutes, until set.