Yields 60 cookies.
½ cup butter
2 squares unsweetened chocolate
1 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
½ teaspoon baking soda
1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
½ cup milk
1 16 ounce bag large marshmallows
6 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
3 tablespoons melted butter
2 cups powdered sugar
4 to 6 tablespoons hot water
- Grease cookie sheet lightly or line with parchment paper.
- Melt butter and chocolate over low heat, stir and let cool.
- Beat egg, brown sugar, vanilla and baking soda until fluffy. Add in chocolate mixture and flour.
- Beat in milk until it becomes cake batter consistency.
- Drop by tablespoon amount onto cookie sheet 2 inches apart. Bake at 350° for 10 to 12 minutes, until center of cookie is firm.
- Cut the marshmallows in half and place, cut side down, on each cookie and bake in oven for one minute.
- For icing: Combine the cocoa, butter, powdered sugar and hot water until the sugar is dissolved.
- Cool completely and drizzle with chocolate icing.