¼ cup whole almonds (blanched)
6 tbsp sugar
1 tsp salt
6 tbsp (¾ stick) unsalted butter (room temperature)
2 large eggs
1 ½ tsp almond extract
3 tbsp all-purpose flour
12 store bought croissants
1 cup sliced almonds
1 cup water
1 cup sugar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Almond Cream: Blend almonds, sugar and salt in food processor until finely ground. Add the butter and blend everything together.
- Add in eggs and blend together after every addition. Add the almond extract followed by the flour and mix until well combined.
- Cut croissants in half horizontally and spread 1 tbsp of almond cream on the bottom half of each croissant. Place one half on top of the other and spread another tbsp of almond cream on top. Sprinkle with sliced almonds.
- Mix together the sugar and water in sauce pan over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil. Cook until sugar is dissolved and cool to room temperature.
- Dip each croissant into sugar syrup completely covering it.
- Place each croissant on baking sheet and bake for 10 to 12 minutes, rotating sheet ⅔ of the way through cooking time.
- Sprinkle powdered sugar over cooked croissants.