1 cup skim milk
1 tablespoon melted butter, plus chilled butter to place in pans
1 cup whole wheat flour
¼ teaspoon salt
2 large eggs
- Put a piece of cold butter into each cup of popover pan.
- Beat together the milk, flour and salt.
- Add in eggs, one at a time.
- Place pan in oven to melt butter, about 2 minutes.
- Remove from oven and fill each cup about ¾ full with batter.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes in a 400° oven. Reduce oven temperature to 350° and cook for another 20 minutes. Serve hot.