3-4 medium apples, Macintosh or Jonathan recommended
1 ½ cups sugar
3 cups pre-sifted flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon allspice
1 cup melted margarine
1 cup raisins
- Peel and chop apples and place in bowl with sugar. Let stand 10 minutes.
- Sift flour and spices. Set aside.
- Add margarine and eggs. Mix well, batter will be stiff.
- Add in flour mixture. Place in greased 9 x 13 pan.
- Bake at 350° for 35 minutes.
- Cool for 15 minutes and sprinkle with confectioner’s sugar.