1 12.5oz can poppy seed filling
1 cup butter
1 ½ cups sugar
4 eggs, separated
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup sour cream
2 ½ cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add poppy filling and egg yolks 1 at a time. Beat well after each yolk.
- Reserve egg whites in bowl with beaters in fridge.
- Blend in vanilla and sour cream.
- Sift flour, baking soda, and salt and slowly add to wet mixture.
- Beat egg whites till stiff and fold in.
- Pour into greased angel food cake pan.
- Bake at 350° for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Cool for 5 minutes and sift confectioner’s sugar on top.