1 cup raisins
1 ½ cup water
1 cup sugar
½ cup shortening
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon allspice
1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Place raisins in saucepan with 1 ½ cups water.
- Heat to boil, cover and simmer a few minutes.
- Remove from heat, let cool, and drain raisins. Reserve 1 cup liquid.
- Cream sugar and shortening in bowl.
- Sift together dry ingredients and add a little at a time to creamed mixture.
- Alternate with 1 cup liquid (from raisins).
- Stir in raisins.
8.Bake in greased 9 x 13 pan for 30 minutes at 350°.