1 cup butter
1 cup light brown sugar
1 (11oz) package of chocolate chips, about 1 ½ cups
40 saltine crackers
1 cup chopped nuts, optional
- Line jelly roll pan with foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Lay crackers out flat onto foil.
- Melt sugar and butter until foamy, about 3 minutes.
- Pour over crackers and spread to coat.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 350°.
- Remove from oven and while hot, sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- Let them soften and melt, and spread.
- Sprinkle with nuts and let cool.
- Refrigerate until hardened and break into pieces like peanut brittle.