Yields 1 loaf.
2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup fresh cranberries, coarsely chopped
1/2 cup chopped toasted walnuts
1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
1 teaspoon grated orange zest
2 eggs, room temperature
1 cup milk
1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease and flour a 9 X 5 X 3 inch loaf pan.
- Place the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl and stir together. Stir in cranberries, walnuts, lemon and orange zest. Set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk and butter.
- Make a well in the center of the flour mixture and pour the egg mixture into the center, stirring with a fork just until dry mixture is moistened.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan. Bake until top is golden-brown and a toothpick when inserted into the center comes out clean, about 60 minutes.
- Cool in pan for 15 minutes. Remove from the pan and cool on a rack.