4 Granny Smith apples (cored and slighty hollowed down)
1/2 cup rolled oats
2 tablespoons butter
3 tablespoons brown sugar
1 teaspoon of pumpkin spice
Caramel sauce for drizzling over baked apple
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Core and slightly hollow out the apples beyond the cored center. (Don’t go too far or the apple will loose its shape when baked).
- Mix together the oats, pumpkin pie spice and brown sugar.
- Soften the butter and add to the mixture, mixing gently until spread throughout.
- Lightly add the filling to the apples. (Do not pack inside or the mixture will expand and the apple will burst!)
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Drizzle with caramel sauce.