Prep Time: 3 hours
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 3 hours, 20 minutes
Yield: One Loaf or 8 large cinnamon rolls
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 2 1/4 tsp. active dry yeast (one package)
- 3 Tbsp. molasses
- 1/2 package french vanilla pudding mix
- 1/2 Vanilla Bean, Split & Scraped (I prefer Beanilla Vanilla Beans)
- 1 cup cold whole milk
- 1/4 cup melted unsalted butter
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. cardamom
- 2 tsps cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- pinch nutmeg
- pinch ground cloves
- 3 1/4 cups flour
- 1/2 cup very soft butter
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons Cinnamon
- 1/2 Teaspoon ground Ginger
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine water, yeast, and molasses together. Allow to rest for 10 minutes. Set aside.
- After 10 minutes, add the pudding mix, vanilla, milk, melted butter and egg. Mix well.
- In a separate bowl, combine salt, spices and flour. Add yeast mixture and blend well.
- Transfer to a lightly floured surface and knead dough until smooth.
- Place in a greased bowl; cover and let rise until doubled.
- Punch down dough and let rise again.
- Roll out on a floured surface to about 18 by 10 inches. Take 1/2 cup soft butter and spread over surface.
- In a bowl mix brown sugar, cinnamon, and ginger, then sprinkle over the top. Roll up tightly. from the narrow end (the length of you loaf pan) Don’t be afraid to tug on the dough, it is very stretchy and the more “rolls” you get the better!
- Place in greased loaf pan (or opt to cut into cinnamon rolls if you prefer). Allow to rise until nearly doubled in size.
- Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes.
- Once removed, slice and spread with Eggnog Cream Cheese Icing. Icing consists of 4 oz softened cream cheese, 2 Tbsps. softened butter, 1;2 cup powdered sugar, and 2 tbsps eggnog. Blend with electric mixer or by hand.