1 cup graham cracker crumbs
3 tablespoons white sugar
5 tablespoons butter, melted
½ cup key lime juice
1 (14oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
1 pinch salt
1 pinch cream of tartar
- Mix together graham crackers and sugar with melted butter. Pour into a 9inch pie plate and press evenly to form crust. Bake in 325° oven for 5 minutes. Let cool.
- Separate 2 eggs and reserve whites. With yolks, add whole egg, lime juice, and condensed milk. Mix until smooth.
- In separate bowl, beat together reserved egg whites, salt and cream of tartar until stiff peaks form.
- Fold into yolk mixture. Pour into crust.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, until just set. Remove from oven and let cool. Put pie in freezer for 4 hours or overnight prior to serving.