1 unbaked pie crust
1 egg (beaten)
½ cup brown sugar (packed)
½ cup molasses
1 ½ teaspoons all purpose flour
½ teaspoon baking soda
1 cup boiling water
1 ½ cups all purpose flour
¾ cup brown sugar (packed)
¾ teaspoon baking soda
Dash of salt
6 tablespoons butter
- Line pie shell with double layer of aluminum foil. Bake for 10 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Remove foil and lightly brush crust with egg yolk. Bake for another 5 minutes. Let cool.
- For filling: combine all ingredients, excluding water, in bowl.
- Gradually add in boiling water. Let mixture cool to room temperature.
- Pour filling into cooked crust.
- For topping: mix together all dry ingredients. Cut in butter until mixture is crumbly.
- Sprinkle on top of filling. Bake for 45-50 minutes at 350 degrees or until filling is set.