2 crust pie shell
2 ½ pounds apples (mixed, any variety)
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
¾ cup sugar, plus 1 tablespoon
1 teaspoon cinnamon
¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
½ teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Peel, core, and chop apples into ¾ inch pieces.
- Combine all ingredients except for the tablespoon of sugar together. Pour mixture into prepared pie pan and top with other half of shell.
- Trim top, leaving ½ inch overhang, and crimp edges.
- Sprinkle top of crust with remaining sugar. Place in refrigerator for 10 minutes.
- Bake 50 to 55 minutes, until crust is golden brown and apples are bubbling.