Set Time: 1 hour
- Combine cornstarch and confectioners’ sugar in a medium-sized bowl. Coat the marshmallow pan with a light layer of cooking spray, then generously dust the bottom and sides with the cornstarch/confectioners’ sugar mixture. Set the pan and remaining cornstarch/confectioners’ sugar mixture aside for later use.
- Pour three packets of gelatin and 3/4 cup cold water into your stand mixer bowl. Use a spatula to combine. Set aside.
- Combine sugar, water, honey and corn syrup in medium saucepan. Using a spatula, stir the mixture to combine the ingredients. Cook the sugar mixture on high heat to 245°F. Do not stir the mixture while it is heating. NOTE: the mixture will foam and bubble, this is normal.
- When the sugar mixture reaches 245°F, remove from heat, and pour directly onto the gelatin in the stand mixer bowl. Use a spatula to scrape the sides and mix with the bloomed gelatin.
- Using the whisk attachment whip on high speed until white soft peaks are reached, about 5-7 minutes. Reduce speed to low and add vanilla extract, return to high for 30 seconds.
- Remove the bowl from the mixer and pour the marshmallows into the prepared pan. Use a spatula to spread, smooth and level the marshmallows.
- Lightly dust the top with cornstarch/confectioners’ sugar mixture. Allow the marshmallows to set uncovered at room temperature for at least an hour.
- Before removing the marshmallows, brush off any excess cornstarch/confectioners’ off the top of the marshmallows.
- Remove from pan and cut into desired shapes.
- Roll the cut marshmallows in cornstarch/confectioners’ sugar mixture to prevent the marshmallows from sticking to each other.