Cook Time: 18-20 minutes
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat until simmering.
- Add the onion and cook until softened, 3-5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and the ground beef. Using a wooden spoon, break up the beef while cooking.
- Once the ground beef is in small pieces, add the chili powder, cumin, paprika, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper.
- Stir vigorously, turning the beef to incorporate the spices into the meat.
- Continue stirring occasionally until the ground beef is completely cooked.
- Add lime juice and let simmer for 3-5 min or until absorbed.
- Add cilantro and stir to incorporate throughout the beef.
- To each of the prepared taco salad bowls, add 1/2 cup Mexican or Spanish rice, followed by 1/2 cup prepared ground beef.
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup of lettuce on top of the rice and ground beef in each tortilla shell.
- Add 2 tablespoons diced raw onion and 1/2 cup diced tomatoes on top of the lettuce.
- Finish the taco salads by adding 2 tablespoons of red salsa, 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese, 1/4cup shredded chiwawa cheese and a dollop of sour cream.