Cook Time: 14 minutes
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- Place one disc in each cup.
- Lightly grease or use nonstick spray.
- Blend cream cheese with egg, vanilla, and 1⁄4 cup sugar.
- Set aside.
- Mix ground nuts with butter and 3 tablespoons sugar.
- Divide mixture evenly among the 12 cups.
- Press crumbs on bottom and about 1/3 up the sides of each cup.
- Fill evenly with cheese mixture.
- Bake about 14 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven and place on rack to cool approximately 20 minutes. The tops will fall as they cool.
- Lightly loosen the cheese tarts around the edges. Carefully remove the cheesecakes by pushing the handle of a wooden spoon through the hole at the bottom of each cup.
- When cool, take disc off of the bottom of the cheesecakes using a butter knife.
- Place 3 or 4 cherries on the top of each tart.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.