Cook Time: 7-8 minutes
- Whisk together all-purpose flour, whole-wheat, flour, cinnamon and salt in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Combine butter and brown sugar in the bowl of an electric stand mixer fitted with a paddle; beat on medium-high speed until combined and fluffy, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the egg and vanilla; beat to incorporate.
- Reduce mixer speed to low, and slowly add flour mixture.
- Continue beating on low speed 2 to 3 minutes, or until a soft ball has formed.
- Shape dough into a disk.
- Cover in plastic wrap; refrigerate 1 to 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350⁰F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- Remove dough from refrigerator.
- On well-floured surface, roll dough out to 1/8-inch thickness.
- Dip animal cookie cutters into flour; shake off excess.
- Cut shapes, then lightly press down rod to punch in cookie details.
- Collect scraps and re-roll up to two times.
- Place on prepared baking sheet, about 1/2-inch apart.
- Refrigerate 10 minutes.
- Bake cookies 7 to 8 minutes.
- Cool on baking sheet 2 to 3 minutes, then transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
For best results dough must be chilled and rolled on a well-floured surface. If dough becomes too soft; re-chill until stiff.